Waking up and tired is definitely a frustrating feeling that can put a damper on the start of your day. When we don’t get enough sleep throughout the night, we end up searching for something (usually not the healthiest option) to boost our energy, which usually then ends up making us feel more tired. This could mean it’s time to switch up some of your habits to make sure you get the best night’s sleep possible.
The essentials to remember every night are:
- To get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep per night
- The sooner before midnight you get to sleep, the better
- Use a pillow and mattress that you like
Here’s some other ways we like to get as cozy as possible before bed:
- Journal: writing down all of the thoughts running through your head et’s you get out everything that’s could keep your mind up racing when you’re trying to go to sleep. It also gives you some time to reflect on how your day when and write down a few things you’re grateful for that day.
- Meditation: clearing your mind before bed lets your mind and body be at peace throughout the night. Give yourself a 10-20 minute meditation session before bed to let yourself be free of your worries and for proven benefits to a better sleep.
- Bedtime Stretch: throughout the day our bodies go through so much wear and tear that if we don’t release it, we can become tense when we’re sleeping. By stretching out your body with a relaxing stretch session, you’re getting the blood flowing through to help with lymph drainage and making sure your muscles are feeling flowy for bed rather than stiff.
- Calming Scents: whether it’s from an essential oil diffuser or a lovely soy candle, putting on a nice scent before sleep makes you feel relaxed and makes a beautiful ambient of the room. Picking natural candles and essential oils come with benefits that physically make you feel better and get you in the perfect sleepy state.
- Beauty Routine: having a self-care routine at the end of the night let’s your body go to a mini spa and makes you feel fresh before getting into your sheets. Including products to help you sleep is awesome for getting your sleepiness started.
Below are some products we love for bed: